How to Disable Popup Blocker Utilities
The following instructions describe how to disable popup blocker options in common web browsers, tools bars and internet security suites. Why would you want to do this? Some websites use popups for certain functions, and those functions won't work if popup blockers are enabled. By modifying your popup settings, you can see the popups you want from certain selected websites.
To use some of the utilities on this site, you will need to add sitesell.com and searchit.sitesell.com to your allowed sites list in your popup blocker settings.
Below you'll find instructions for disabling popup blockers on the most popular browsers. If you are still unable to access the desired popup after following the instructions, you may have Other Popup Blockers restricting the site.
Allowing Popups in Internet Explorer
Allowing Popups in Mozilla Firefox
Allowing Popups in Google Chrome
Allowing Popups in Safari
Allowing Popups in Opera
Allowing Popups in Tool bars
Allowing Popups in Internet Explorer:
- Click the Tools button at the top of your window, click Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- In the "Address of website to allow" box, type the URL of the website you want to see pop-ups from, and then click "Add".
- When you are finished adding websites, click Close.
Allowing Popups in Mozilla Firefox:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu, and select Options
- Select the "Content" panel.
- To the right of "Block pop-up windows" click on the button labeled "Exceptions"
- Type in the URL of the site you want to receive popups from, then click the Allow button
- Click OK in the Allowed Sites screen, then click OK again for the Options screen.
Allowing Popups in Google Chrome:
- If pop-ups have been blocked, you'll see the alert icon in the address bar. Click the icon to see a list of the blocked pop-ups.
- Click the link for the pop-up window that you'd like to see.
- To see pop-ups for the site, select "Always show pop-ups from [site]."
- The site will be added to the exceptions list, which you can manage in the Content Settings dialog.
Allowing Popups in Safari:
- Open the Safari menu.
- If the "Block Pop-up Windows" option is checked, click on the button to uncheck it.
- To block pop-ups once again, recheck "Block Pop-Up Windows"
- This will allow you to enable or disable the Block Pop-Up windows function as you see fit.
Allowing Popups in Opera:
When Opera blocks a pop-up, a notification will be displayed. Clicking on the notification will allow you to open the popup that was blocked. You can also disable popup blocker for certain websites by following the following steps:
- Go to Tools and select Preferences
- Under the General tab, select Pop-ups
- Select the option "Display those that you request" if you want to allow pop-ups for certain websites.
- Click OK
Third-party popup blockers:
There are many tool bar and internet security systems that can also block popups you want to see. Instructions for how to disable popup blocker utilities in some of the most common ones can be found by clicking the links below.
Return to top of Disable Popup Blocker
Researching Your Website Niche
Choosing Keywords for Your Website
Web Domain Names
Website Marketing Strategies